Yesterday we had so much fun at the Science Center. I wanted to be sure to share how much fun the animals and exhibits are with Kaylee. We were even able to try out our new double stroller before my baby sister arrives. 
We first took her to see the turtles. She was a little more daring than me and wanted to pat the turtles shell. I prefer to admire from afar, wave hello, and blow kisses.
Here we are outside the alligator pit. We had great timing getting to the center because often the alligators are shading themselves and we are not able to really see them. Today they were out sunning instead. 

This is one of the meerkats. They were very active digging holes in the dirt, playing with their toy boxes, and perching on top of the tree stumps watching for birds. 
Next we headed to see the Gibbons and other monkeys. My favorite area to go, especially when they are being playful. One of the gibbons, the one that I have a matching stuffed animal of, came over to the netting to say hello. We were able to get up close and personal. The monkeys also came over to say hello, but they were behind the glass. They were very interested in Kaylee and I sitting in our stroller watching them. We both sat there for a few minutes just watching each other.
We headed on the little walk out to see the tigers. One was pacing along the fence, and we were sure to stay far enough away and warn Aunt Kara and Uncle Rob about their spray zone. Last time we were here, we saw the tigers spray a few different times, luckily not on us. Kaylee and I both enjoyed walking hand in hand with Grandma and Grandpa along the way.The last stop was the petting area. We took some time to peek over the fence to watch the miniature horses eat and the donkeys play. Then we headed in to pet the goats and the sheep. The goats were very relaxed lying around, so they were easy to pet. The sheep though, were on the move. We had such a great time!!
Halena - tell your Mommy happy birthday. Tell her we are all much better looking and smarter in our 30's!!! I love your new double stroller. I bet you can't wait for your baby sister to arrive! Hugs, Keri
ReplyDelete