Sunday, May 17, 2009

Strawberry Patch

Aunt Heather is in town visiting and we are having so much fun!! We took her to the Strawberry Patch to pick some berries and see the goats that live on the farm. It was an even more exciting trip than we had planned. Right when we arrived one of the mama goats was giving birth to a baby! It was so amazing to see the baby right after birth. Trying to stand up on his wobbly legs and snuggling with his mother trying to eat. We were the first to take his picture upon entering the world.

After seeing the goats, we headed out to the field for some picking. I would help pick a berry and eat it right away. Nothing taste better than a fresh berry picked right off the vine. I did not quite understand why Heather and Mommy would place them into the buckets. Then I found an even better plan...eating the strawberries that they had already picked out of the bucket. They were so tasty and juicy. I had strawberry juice all over my face and running down my arms. My favorite part was obviously the eating, rather than the picking. After the picking we went home and made a strawberry pudding dessert to enjoy. It was such a fun afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment