Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was such a wonderful day for all of us. We went to brunch at one of Mommy and Daddy's favorite restaurants, Ganache. We all shared our meals and ALL enjoyed the cheese/cornbread grits. Can you believe how southern mommy and daddy are getting, eating grits?!?!? Then we ordered some delicious cookies to go for a snack later.
After lunch we drove up to Hanging Rock State Park. Mother's Day was a perfect day for some family time, enjoying the beautiful outdoors. We had to be sure to get a good hike in before Mommy's belly grows too big for hiking. Here we are at the '"scenic view", where you can see Hanging Rock in the background right before starting on the trail.
Daddy had to carry me, so it balanced things out with mommy...both carrying some extra weight trekking up the trail. It was such a great hike and I loved being in the pack, every so often patting daddy's tired shoulders to loosen him up. Every time we stopped for a rest, I was sure to let them know that we had to keep heading all the way to the top by yelling, "GO, GO". It was so great to see all of the beautiful green trees, lizards, birds, and the amazing view at the top looking over Hanging Rock. My first reaction was "Wow".At the top we took a little rest and had a snack. I sat very carefully with mommy and daddy on the rocks. I had to be reminded every so often to be careful and sit down to enjoy the view. After a quick rest we headed back down the trail. It was sure a workout. I was pooped for the ride home. It was an absolutely wonderful Mother's Day.

Here is a video of us at the top, enjoying the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment