We had our first snow of the winter...and you never know here if it may be our last. Schools let out early yesterday and the snow was all
that the kids could talk about. When I picked up
Halena it was the first thing
she started telling me about. She was excited, but I am not sure she really knew why she was excited. As we headed home the flakes really started to come down. Now she really got excited! All I kept hearing was "look, look, look mama".
When we arrived home
Halena and I headed to the back yard to place a bowl to collect some snow. I knew as soon as I heard about the storm coming in I wanted to make Snow Cream with
Halena. She loved watching her bowl through the window. Every so often she went to peak and check on it.


Early this afternoon
Halena and Daddy got ready to head outside to play in the snow. Neala and Mommy stayed inside and watched them in the warmth of the house.

Halena was all about playing in the snow, until she actually stepped into it. Than it was all down hill from there. She wanted
to be outside, but wanted to be carried everywhere. She was not happy to be walking in the snow or riding in her sled.


Here is the little snowman that
Halena and Daddy built.

After playing outside, we made our Snow Cream.
Halena was a big help and Neala was a great observer. It turned out pretty well.
Halena loved it, but it was too sweet for me. Jeff though it reminded him a lot of the original
Breyers ice cream.




No comments:
Post a Comment